I came across a great protein pancake recipe via Twitter a few months back. This recipe was posted by Battle Fitness , located in our old stomping grounds—the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia). If you read my latest smoothie recipe, you are aware of my dislike for bananas. Well, this recipe was perfect for me because there is not one banana present in the ingredient list! Perhaps it will be for your liking too:
What You Need:
- 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg (or 1 cup of egg whites)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of raw oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 scoops of protein powder (I used the EAS Vanilla brand)
What To Do Part 1:
- Begin by adding 5 egg whites (separating the egg whites from the yolk) and 1 whole egg to your blender. (Note: I did not use a blender and mine turned out fine; however, I do plan on trying it out with a blender soon).
- Next, add the milk, and start blending on the lowest setting.
- While blending, add the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add raw oatmeal and turn the dial up to medium-high on the blender.
- Lastly, add your two scoops of protein.
What To Do Part 2:
- Set your stove to medium-low.
- Pre-heat a small/medium frying pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Spray down with some non-stick cooking spray (i.e. Pam)
- Depending on the size of pancakes you wish to make, pour out approximately 1/3 – 1/2 cup of the mix into the frying pan.
- Allow the pancake to sit for 1-1.5 minutes before flipping.
- Let the other side cook for 1.5 to 2 minutes before removing from frying pan. Serves 2.