SLOW DOWN. I’m trying to keep up with you. So many things to do!
From moving across the country (again) to wedding planning, job hunting (again), finalizing passport details (which has been an extremely annoying process) for my out of country trip this month and beyond etcetera. I’ve been doing a bunch of praying and wooosaaahing and I’ve even had to make daily to-do lists (who am I?).
It’s been tempting to put fitness on the back burner. BUT, I am still sweating for the wedding consistently and it’s been my outlet of escape from all the changes and responsibilities that come with adulthood (it never ends).
On the fitness front, I began Tone It Up’s 7 Day Slim Down yesterday! Kyra did a very similar routine here.The event that is coming up for me is my bridal shower which is hosted by my lovely maid of honor(s) and bridesmaids 🙂
Here is what I’ve been eating according to my Lose It food tracker:
- Breakfast: 3/4 cup egg whites; 1/2 cup black beans; 1 cup spinach; chopped and grilled onions
- Snack: Grapefruit
- Lunch: Skinless chicken thigh (I had some left over); Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup KIND granola
- Snack: Spicy hummus and 1 cup carrots
- Dinner: 1/3 cup brown rice; green bell peppers & white onions sauteed fajita style; chicken thighs &1 c broccoli
- Water Intake: 3 liters!!! Woo hoo 🙂
- Breakfast: Perfect fit protein pancake (I added some PB to this mix); 4 sliced strawberries
- Snack: Grapefruit
- Lunch: 2 cups bell peppers (red and green); 1/2 chicken thigh; 3 cups butter lettuce; Greek yogurt; 1/4 cup KIND granola
- Snack: Carrots; Spicy hummus
- Dinner: Skinless drumsticks; 3 cups romaine lettuce; 1/3 cup brown rice
- Water Intake: 3 Liters (yaassss)
I was supposed to work out on Sunday, and what had happened waaaaasss, seriously, I worked out 6 days in a row so Sunday had to be a rest day. My AM workout was an early morning run (30 min) and I completed 30 minutes of cardio + the Alpha Abs routine in Nike Training Club.
I’ll be back tomorrow for another update or two!
Have you ever had to get in shape for a quickly approaching event? Did it work? Any tips? Share!