A warm hello and welcome to March! I don’t know about you but I am pretty pumped for this month, mostly because I’m ready for the weather to change (spring, come fast) and for other changes with my fitness routine.
I’m teetering on the edge of a plateau, so March is the perfect time to usher in some new aspects to my routine. But first, here is a mini recap and progress report of my February goals:
Last Month’s Goals
- Consistent physical exercise– nailed it! I worked out a lot in February and I think it’s because I tried to view my workouts in a different light (the whole self-care notion) and I’m going to try and keep this perspective up. Also, Nike Running had me exercising a lot with the coach program setting.
- Take meal prep more seriously– So-so. I didn’t take pen to paper and carefully craft out each meal (maybe one day or not), but I did always head to the grocery store with meals in mind and I was successful at cooking in bulk.
- Continue daily devotions–nailed it! I kept up with this routine and felt quite at ease last month.
- Take a daily multi-vitamin– nailed it! I took these daily.
My Goals For March
- Try 2-3 new fitness classes in my area
I’m already signed up for a Soul Cycle X Target pop-up class this Friday. This event was cancelled before because of the bad weather, so I’m looking forward to finally getting to try Soul Cycle out! I also want to try an Orange Theory Fitness class which Kyra has raved about. I’m still deciding on a third fitness class to try. I’ve done Bikram yoga in the past, but it’s been years since I’ve tried a studio out here so that may count as my third fitness class if I can’t figure anything else out. If there are other studio classes you guys have tried out recently, let me know!
2. Complete Tone It Up’s 7 Day Slim Down at some point this month
I missed the 7 day slim down train yesterday because I didn’t have enough time to prep, and that’s okay. I’d rather go for it when I can take the time to get organized and plan my week out. This slim down will be great for combating a plateau because I’ll be eating different foods and shaking things up for my body.
3. Continue Eating Healthily
My diet has been pretty clean and I haven’t binged on junk and I think it’s because I have been focused on getting a hang of portion control instead of deprivation. And if I was eating out, I tried to go for healthy options that I loved.
My goal is to keep on eating foods that are great for my body and keep me feeling full too.
4. Keep up with and complete my Nike Coach Program
I clocked 41.3 miles last month! I’m not sure how many miles I’ll reach this month but my program is slated to end in about three-four weeks. My goal is to keep up and complete most of the runs.